Tu Me Has Dado Muchas Bendiciones Dios!


This week Hermana Gatten and I got to host a "mini missionary" for a day! Her name was Aria, and it was so fun having her! She didn't have a lot of experience with Spanish, but she translated her testimony during studies and practiced reading the scriptures so that she could participate in the lessons! I wish that I would have done something like that before my mission, because I had no idea what mission life was really like until I got here!

We have seen so many miracles lately! We got a referral to go with the elders to give a blessing, and now Paola seems like a solid new investigator! We also had a member bring their friend Blanca to a branch activity Saturday night, and now we are going to go teach her family this week!! Members are the best. Before I came on my mission everyone told me how important members are, and I now have a personal testimony of member missionary work. There are some things that full-time missionaries just can't do. We can't give people rides to church, and we can't be effective fellowshippers. So: invite your friends to activities!!!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:
-Jesus Christ
-My family that takes care of me from thousands of miles away and sends me warm clothes
-The opportunity I have to be a missionary!
-Random acts of service (giving them and receiving them!)
-Friends who write me letters
-My wonderful companion
-My wonderful companion's laugh
-Our new branch mission leader
-Members who feed us the most delicious food in the whole world
-All my investigators
-(almost) knowing Spanish
-Cold weather
-My feet don't hurt too bad even though we walk a ton and I haven't worn Chacos in 5 months

I could go on, because I have so many things to be thankful for, but I will just leave my testimony of gratitude: the more thankful we are, the more Christ-like we will be!

Scripture of the week: 3 Nephi 19:24. We can learn so much from this example of prayer. In particular, I am trying to work on having my prayers be guided by the spirit. I know that as we have the spirit with us, we can have more sincere prayers and we can be "filled with desire"! 

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures:

-On exchanges, eating salad in the car between appointments!




-I love refraction!




-Aria, our "mini missionary"



No comments:

Post a Comment