CCM Week 1!




I can't believe that I've already spent a week at the CCM! The first day was really long, but at the same time it feels like I just got here. 

My companion's name is Hermana Sandstrom, and she is amazing! She didn't know any Spanish before coming but she has been working very hard and she is improving so much every day! She is from Alabama, she is going to BYU Idaho and she is so sweet! She brought a pair of Chacos with her on her mission, which is probably one of my favorite facts about her. She is also totally cool with going to the weight room with me every other day! 

My district consists of 4 elders and 6 hermanas. We all get along really well. Our teachers are awesome, and we are learning so much! We started teaching our first investigator last Thursday! By now, I am teaching with almost no notes, which is incredible. 

The language is coming along really well for me, apparently I know way more that I thought I did. I love sitting with the Latino missionaries during meals and talking to them, because I'm getting great practice talking to native speakers! Apparently I have a really great accent, which is sometimes bad because Latinos tend to think that I know more Spanish than I actually do. My gospel vocabulary has definitely improved immensely. It has already gotten to the point where it feels weird to pray in English! 

The food here is great! I always make myself try new things, and I would list everything I have tried except that I can never remember the names long enough to write them down. So far I've only had 1 thing I didn't like! Oh AND I get to stay in the copper sulfate colored house!

My favorite part about being here is also my least favorite: we are always SO busy! It is nice because I know that none of my time is wasted. It feels a lot like a good, busy week at BYU, but without the stress of grades and all the distractions, which is sooo nice. On the other hand, I with we had more time to just study for ourselves. We have companionship study, personal study, and language study, but all of our study time is centered around the needs of the investigator, which I guess makes sense. 

My favorite language mistake I've made so far: I tried to tell the Latinos that I am the oldest (sorry Landon, but I still consider myself the oldest) but I actually told them that I'm the best... so I just said "Oh no wait... la MAYOR... pero la mejor tambien!" 

We get to go to the temple later today! I'm so excited, we are going to get to go 3 times before we leave!

 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like you're doing great so far! So proud of you! Your simply the best, even if you are just the oldest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! When I read about your accent I could hear you saying Carne :) Miss you! Ps. I got called as a ward missionary! I love it!

    ReplyDelete