God Be With You Till We Meet Again

June 13, 2016


On Sunday, June 12 I gave my farewell talk in the Kernersville ward of the High Point Stake. Before church began, Jason and Lori (my mom's aunt and uncle from Colorado!) surprised me by showing up with their daughter Nicole. Many of my family members came to sacrament meeting to hear me speak, and they keep telling me I did well, even though I could definitely hear my voice shaking...


After church I had some family and friends over for ice cream so that I could say goodbye to everyone. I am overwhelmed by how many people came to show their love and support for me. I am very blessed to have so many people that make it so hard to leave. I will miss everyone so much.

After saying my goodbyes, I went over to President Baughan's house to be set apart as a full time missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I can still hardly believe how quickly this moment came, it doesn't feel real.


On June 13 I finished up last minute preparations for my departure. I packed up all my suitcases, and surprisingly I had so much room left! I had to pack paper and packing cushions into all of my suitcases to pack my belongings in enough to keep them from sliding around and getting mixed up during their flight. 

I can hardly believe that this is really happening. I'm sure it will sink in on the plane tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment