Me Encanta Ver el Templo!





Apparently for Latin people, looking at your watch is really offensive. This is so hard for me because 1) I'm a missionary, I have appointments and I need to be punctual, and 2) not knowing the time stresses me out. And, of course, these people love talking. Being on time has been a struggle this week. 

I got to go to a baptism this week! The central elders baptized a family of 4, who have only been investigating for a month! We call them a miracle family. Hermana Martinez and I were able to teach the restoration, which was awesome. 

It's been a long week of more canceled appointments and disappointments. As a missionary though, different things hurt me... I have found a new appreciation for 2 Nephi 33:3. It's so hard when investigators and less actives just don't understand that this can help them! One man said something about how our church can't do anything to help "incurable diseases." I've come to appreciate so much that the atonement is for everyone, and Christ is waiting to take our sorrows from us.

The temple trip this week was SO amazing! The Reno temple layout is very similar to the one in Raleigh, and the endowment rooms and celestial room are exactly the same! I felt like I was back home. I was reminded that temples are the house of the Lord everywhere, and they are as close as we can come to our heavenly home. I am so lucky that I got to go to the temple my first transfer! (The pictures are with my companion, my district, and my mission mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment