Loving Life!

I had my first zone conference this week! I learned so much (including how to check all the fluid levels in my car!) President and sister Chesnut are seriously the best, I love listening to them speak. All of the missionaries who are leaving soon were invited to bear their testimonies, which was so powerful. They all agreed on 2 things: their time in the mission flew by, and they wish that they could stay longer. It made me really think about how much I have to cherish my time here. I want every day in my mission to feel like the best day of my life (and some days that is easier than others!)

The six missionaries in our Spanish branch were invited to a wedding this week for two members in the branch. We went to the reception as our dinner for that night. It was so funny because all the missionaries kept talking about how trunky they were getting being at a wedding. It didn't have the same effect on me; I think I'm still scared of that whole "marriage" thing. That's good though, I'll let it stay that way until I get home!

I don't think I fully knew why I was serving a mission before I came.This week, I was reading my patriarchal blessing, and I realized the reason: before coming to earth, I must have looked some of my spirit brothers and sisters in the eye and promised them that I would find them, and teach them. I have never been so motivated to find people! Here is something to consider: I bet every single one of you, even those not serving missions, made similar promises. Your friends and family members who don't have this amazing gospel might be waiting for you to share it with them, even if they don't know it. Prayerfully consider who needs to be reminded of their divine potential.

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures: 
-The Reno Zone at Zone Conference!





-At zone conference, they used "pineapples" as a metaphor for prepared people. Don't question it, just go with it




-The wedding cake was pretty cool! Too bad we didn't have time to stay and eat it :(



-My companion and I are matching today. We are so cute







No comments:

Post a Comment