Alma 32:21




First exciting news from the week: Pedro's baptism! It was such a special experience. We had 3 returned Hermanas come for the baptism, which was amazing. Our recent convert, Miguel, was able to baptize him! We had several less actives come to the baptism, and several non-members. One less active member, Carlos, even came to church yesterday!

Next exciting news: transfers. If you had asked me when I arrived in the field to choose between Lake Tahoe and some small farm town with tons of cows that I had never heard of before called Fallon... I'm sure I wouldn't have hesitated to choose Tahoe. Yet here I am being transferred to Tahoe, and I couldn't be more devastated to leave somewhere that I had only been 3 months. I was NOT too excited to come to Fallon, but I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. 

And what about Hermana Adams? Didn't I just start training her? Yes, yes I did. Will she get a new trainer? Nope. She is going to be training a new Hermana! After just 1 transfer! Which means I'm going to be a grandma already. Weird. I know that she is going to be a great trainer, I feel privileged to have been her companion. My new companion will be Hermana Servin. She is from Puebla, Mexico, and I have been on several exchanges with her, so I'm excited!

This has been an interesting couple days for me. I feel like I'm being punished, because I don't get to finish training Hermana Adams, and I don't get to stay in Fallon... but I know that Tahoe is where the Lord wants me to go. I know that I will love my new area, and it is where I need to be. 

In pondering this discrepancy between thoughts and feelings, I realized: that's why we need faith. Sometimes we know things but don't believe them, and sometimes we believe things and don't know them. I have come to realize that faith works both ways. Faith gives us the strength to act according to what we know is right, even when we have a lack of knowledge or belief. So, go forward with faith!

-- Hermana Nielsen

New Mailing Address:

Hermana Kayci Nielsen
P.O. Box #720
Kings Beach, CA 96143



No comments:

Post a Comment