"Hermanas... me quiero bautizar"


We have seen so many miracles this week! 

Last Monday, we had a noche de hogar (FHE) with Erika and her brother, Carpa. Carpa has had lessons with missionaries before, but I have never taught him since I have been in Fallon. I had only talked to him a couple times, and I was actually under the impression that he was an atheist... but at the end of the noche de hogar, he said the words that every missionary wants to hear... "Hermanas... me quiero bautizar. Ya estoy listo." He wants to get baptized! He also has 2 adorable sons, Johnny and Julian, that want to get baptized as well. His sons actually came to church yesterday too! (Carpa couldn't because of work). 

This week we had zone conference... and Hermana Adams and I got to give a training! (In front of our whole zone, the Carson city zone, and President Chesnut...) Poor Hermana Adams, it was her very first zone conference and she had to give a training! Our topic was "how to teach repentance, and how to know if our investigators understand it." It went pretty well, those 30 minutes flew by! 

I bought maseca from the Latino store, and I made tortillas this week! I have decided that my future family isn't going to eat bread, but I'm going to be that Mexican mom that makes fresh tortillas every morning to eat with everything. Yep.

This week Pedro and Josefina got married! They just had a little legal ceremony, and Hermana Adams and I got to be the witnesses!

I love the scripture Mosiah 15:7! Christ is a perfect example of humility and obedience. We should each strive to have our own will "swallowed up in the will of the Father."

-- Hermana Nielsen





No comments:

Post a Comment