2 Nephi 22:2


This week we had a missionary broadcast, and there have been some exciting changes in the missionary world. First of all, our schedule changes: we now leave at 10:00 every day (even if we are training or learning a language) and we have more studies in the middle of the day. We no longer have daily planning in the evenings, so that missionaries who need more sleep can go to bed earlier (or we can study more. I love it! The other cool change was with our "key indicators." We used to have 9 statistics to report every week, but now we only report: number of investigators baptized, investigators with a baptismal date, investigators at church, and new investigators. I am a huge fan of these changes, I love how much the leaders of the church care about the missionary work, and I know that they are inspired!

This week I was able to go to Reno again on exchanges! It is so weird to see how quickly an area changes as missionaries come and go, and investigators are dropped and found. It was amazing though, because I was able to see several people that I love. Going to Reno made me appreciate Fallon even more though, I definitely think that I have the best area! (of course, I'm going to think that about all of my areas...)

Last Saturday there was a baptism in our church building. We invited everyone we could think of, and Pedro ended up going, so we decided to go as well (we can go to baptisms if we have an investigator there). It was a good service, but the whole time I just did not feel good about being there; I felt like we needed to be doing something else. We finally decided to leave about halfway through and go look for one of our investigators. She didn't answer, so we tried her mom's trailer (just two trailers down). She wasn't there either, but her brother, William answered the door. He said that he had just moved from California that morning and he was looking for a church to go to! We were able to invite him to church, and he accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon. I am so thankful that I listened and left the baptism when I did, or we probably wouldn't have found William. 

Have an awesome week! Make good choices.

-- Hermana Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment