Doctrina y Convenios 4:4


Well, I'm back in Reno! I take that as a sign from Heavenly Father that I have some unfinished business to take care of! I love being back in my first area for a variety of reasons. First of all, I just love the Rama Sierra, and I have been able to see so many amazing members again! Second of all, the area is more or less the same, but I am a far better missionary than when I began my mission, so there are so many more possibilities! I have been thinking of so many ideas for how to build up this area, and how to leave it better than I found it. I am excited to apply all of the things that I have learned to the work here in the Rama! Also, I love speaking Spanish again! It's good to know that I didn't loose too much of my Spanish when I was in Elko, haha!

Oh my goodness, I have to tell you about our investigator, Joanne! When I first came to the mission field a year ago, we had a recent convert named Graciela. Graciela is an older woman, and she was baptized just before I got to Reno. Well, Graciela lives with her daughter, Joanne. We knew Joanne, and we talked with her a bit, but she was very Catholic, and she didn't have much interest in meeting with us regularly. She came to a couple activities, and she always respected the missionaries and the LDS church. Well, the day after I got into the area, we had a lesson with her, and I found out how much her faith has grown! She wants to get baptized so badly, and right now the only thing holding her back, is that she has to stop smoking. She reads the Book of Mormon every day, she prays constantly, and she has begun coming to church consistently as well. She wants to get baptized as soon as possible, because in December she is moving to... wait for it... South Carolina! Anyway, she is incredible. This week she called us and told us "I just want you to know that I was packing, and I found a bunch of crosses and Catholic stuff, but I threw it all away because I believe in the Mormon church now." That is true conversion! 

What are you willing to throw away, literally or metaphorically, because you believe?

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures:
-Rolled ice cream in Elko!

-That moment when we find goats in someone's driveway...

-My beautiful companions!



No comments:

Post a Comment