Halfway There, Livin' on (lots of) Prayer


I can hardly believe that I'm already halfway done with my CCM experience! 

We had tacos al pastor for dinner one night here, which is probably one of the highlights of my week. Our Latino friends left this week, so my district has been hanging out together a lot more now. 

This was probably actually one of my favorite 4th of July's ever! I think being in Mexico on independence day made us really appreciate America. We all wore red white and blue, and we sand the national anthem (in English) for our opening hymn! For lunch we had hamburgers, corn on the cob, root beer, and apple pie! (It was delicious, but in all honesty I think I actually prefer the Mexican food haha) The whole comedor was decorated with red, white, and blue table cloths, and all the American missionaries were so excited. 

We had our first "TRC" teaching this week, so we got to teach actual volunteers in stead of teachers acting as investigators. Both of the people I taught were already members though, so it was a little weird, but it was a great experience and I really enjoyed it. I really need to work on reading people so that I can be better about teaching to the needs of the investigator. That is something that my companion is SO good at. I am continually amazed, because even thought she had no Spanish before coming and she still doesn't understand the language well, several times she has told me what someone else said. She is such a great example of just loving the people, listening and empathizing. No amount of Spanish knowledge will allow me to pick up on some of the cues she does. Hermana Sandstrom has shown me what the gift of tongues really is. 










No comments:

Post a Comment