¡ULTIMA SEMANA!



Last week during gym time my basketball got stuck up on the bleachers, so I climbed up to get it down, but when I jumped back down I must have landed on my foot funny, because I was limping for the rest of the day. The next day it was still swollen and in pain, so I had the doctor look at it, and it was bad enough that he sent me to have it x-rayed that day. Luckily, it was not broken (which actually just annoyed me at the time because it meant that I had wasted 2 hours of study time) but it was a nice change of routine I suppose. It was cool to practice talking to the doctors. I ended up just wrapping my foot, and by the next day I was running around on it again. My whole district was very upset that I didn't request a wheelchair. Every time they see someone else in a wheelchair they point and say "That could have been you!"

One of my teachers said that I sound like a Mexican. One of the Hermanas in the district is actually half mexican, so I think she was a little miffed that I got the complement haha but she doesn't say her y's like j's... It is interesting how much I know about different accents now. Some accents are definitely easier to understand than others!

This is our last week in the CCM! My next P-day will be in Nevada. I am definitely going to miss the CCM though; there are so many amazing missionaries and teachers here (and of course, I don't have to make any of my own food!) I'm going to miss seeing Hermana Cushing, and the awesome Mexico sky every morning. 

We get to go to the temple again later today, which is so exciting. This will only be our second time since there are so many missionaries here now. I'm looking forward to it, it will be a great way to spend my last P-day in Mexico!

This week has been so powerful to me, because I have started praying for each of my investigators individually each night. Now when I teach (even pretend investigators) I can feel the love that our father in heaven has for each one of his children so much more powerfully. I even teared up during a couple lessons this week, and I never cry! 

I am so thankful for this opportunity I have to serve.  I can't wait to get out in the field and start applying everything I have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment