Alma 26:35


This has been an awesome week!

I had an exchange in Tahoe again which is always a great time. This time I was with my awesome STL Hermana Gatten! We had a blast, and I got to meet lots of people who knew my companion when she served in Tahoe.

When we were finding in a certain apartment complex, we went to ring a doorbell and just found a bunch of wires sticking out of the wall. So, me being me, I just touched the two exposed wires together, and we heard the doorbell go off inside! Hermana Martinez thought it was the coolest thing ever, so of course she had to try. After a few moments a woman actually came to the door, and I imagine she was thinking something like "I took the doorbell out because I didn't want to hear it..." but she wasn't mad, and we were able to set up a return appointment with her!

On Saturday we watched the general women's session of conference with Evelyn (while filling up the font!) and it was amazing! I loved president Uchdorf's talk (shocker, right?) and his story of how the missionaries found Hariot. It made me think about how, as a missionary, I am helping to find someone's eternal companion! They are just waiting for someone to find them and bring them the gospel. I can't ever give up, and I can't ever stop working. Future generations are counting on me! (no pressure)

After the conference we had Evelyn's baptism!!! It was amazing. Roberto was able to baptize her, and he was nervous, but he did really well. Her hand didn't go all the way under the first time, so she had to be baptized twice. After Evelyn was baptized, she said "I just feel beautiful!" and she looked beautiful too! Evelyn and Roberto are some of my favorite people, I just love them so much!

I might not have converted thousands of the Lamanites like unto Ammon and his bretheren, but after Evelyn's baptism I don't think that any man (or woman) has ever had such great reason to rejoice! Evelyn is such a beautiful daughter of God, and watching her take this important step towards her eternal progression is something I will never forget!




No comments:

Post a Comment