Conferencia General!


So we got snow yesterday. I guess I said that I wanted cold weather, and we are rewarded according to our desires! Heavenly Father is probably just laughing saying "Just wait until January..."

I have discovered that I love "finding" time as a missionary. My companion hates knocking on doors, but I have come to enjoy it. It's like a mystery game! They could laugh, they could cry, they could yell, they could look at you through the curtains so that you know they are home but they don't open the door anyway, they could slam the door... you never know! You see it all as a missionary, but it keeps me going knowing that the Lord is preparing people to hear the gospel. What I have found, too, is that most people are actually really nice! We find the occasional grumpy person, but most people are at least willing to have a bit of small talk with us. I also have yet to find a correlation between someone's religion and how they treat us. We meet really nice Catholics and really rude Catholics. Really nice Atheists and really rude Atheists. We get to see it all as missionaries, and I love it! 

Isn't General Conference the BEST?! I hope you all watched all of the sessions, they were amazing! They talked so much about missionary work, and so many of the talks were centered on the pure doctrines that we teach from Preach my Gospel. I can't tell if Conference was really that much different this time, or if my perspective as a missionary is what is different (probably some of both!)

One of our investigators, Jose, walked all the way to the chapel to watch the Sunday morning session of conference! He lives at least 3 miles away, and he's probably about 60 years old. He is SOLID. 

My favorite talk was Russel M. Nelson's talk about having joy during all times in our life. What an awesome reminder that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy, and if we choose to mope or whine excessively, we are just listening to Lucifer, who wants us to be miserable, like unto himself (2 Nephi 2:27)

If you didn't watch general conference, I would like to invite you to do so. I can promise you that if you will, you will be able to feel the spirit and you will find answers meant specifically for YOU!

Have an awesome week!



No comments:

Post a Comment