1 Nephi 10:19


This Saturday we had a "Noche Latina," where all the members in the branch brought food and decorations from their native country! It was so cool, I ate so much good food! I love how much culture their is in Latin America. It made me think about if I went to another country and had to represent the United States, what would I do? Probably make hamburgers... but that's all I can think of. I love that, since I am serving in the states, I get to experience a little bit of almost every Spanish speaking country!

Yesterday, Evelyn made the missionaries real Mexican enchiladas for dinner, and they were amazing. I ate 10 of them.

Yesterday, Presidente Castiblanco was released! Hermano Batioja is the new branch president. it was such a bittersweet sacrament meeting. Presidente Batioja is awesome, and we are excited to work with him, but we are definitely going to miss Presidente Castiblanco. He was branch president for 8 years, and he and his family do SO MUCH for the missionary work in the branch. 

Something interesting that I have been thinking about this week is the concept of work. One of our investigators, Jose, tells us that he never prays for money, but he often prays and asks God for work. I think that is such a great perspective to have!  We can find the same concept in 3 Nephi 6:3. It is important to apply this principle to our spiritual needs as well as our physical needs. We shouldn't ask Heavenly Father for immediate answers to all of our questions, but we should absolutely ask him to guide us as we search the scriptures and help us to recognize the answers.





No comments:

Post a Comment