Mateo 13:44


-This is me at our car inspections checking our tire pressure... and I'm laughing because Sister Chesnut wanted to take a picture of me checking our tire pressure

So about Wednesday of last week I got a really bad cough/ cold or something. Then by Saturday I started getting allergies on top of that... so I've just had a great several days coughing, sneezing, and hardly being able to speak. (and of course for some reason I get called on to say all of the prayers in church) Poor Hermana Eardley had to do almost all of the translating yesterday. 

But apart from not feeling great, it's been a good week! I got to do an exchange with Hermana Adams here in Tahoe! I just love her, and I miss being her companion! We also had zone conference this week, which is always a blast!

We started teaching Delia, who was one of the member referrals that we got last week. She is so sweet, and she is excited to learn, which means that we are excited to teach her. 

I'm starting to really study the new testament, and I love it! I love the one-verse parable in Matthew 13:44. This gospel is so valuable, that we should really be happy to give up all that we have, because we know that what we will receive is better! Any "sacrifice" is hardly a sacrifice... it's more like a really smart investment. It's almost like someone is offering to sell us a $100 bill for $1. Yet some people just really love that one dollar that they have. "I was born with this dollar!" or "Don't you ever wonder what the $1 bill life is like?! Don't you want to just try it?" Although, in light of this analogy, if someone literally tried to sell me a $100 bill for $1, I would definitely believe that it was a scam. It makes it even harder because people can't even really see the $100 until they give up their own dollar, which is what makes it such a leap of faith. It's a shame, being in a position where I get to see so much spiritual poverty, and so few willing investors. 

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures:
-Exchanges :)


-Morning jog to the pier!


-Looking for number 227. Thank you very much, that narrows down our search a TON haha



No comments:

Post a Comment