1 Nefi 11:17


So, remember Hermana Martinez? She was my trainer! As soon as she finished training me, she got transferred to the "East Side," and I only saw her once after that, when the whole mission was together. Well, this week we got to do an exchange together!!! It was really weird, and bittersweet, and nostalgic. This is Hermana Martinez's last transfer, so I got transferred here just in time to do one last exchange with her. We even got to have a mini lesson in Spanish! I hadn't realized how much I missed Spanish... until I got to really speak it again! 

Another tender mercy of the week: Yesterday, we had a fireside to welcome back President and Sister Bouler, who just finished serving in Honduras. Some of their returned missionaries were there, and two of them sang "How Great Thou Art." It was nice, but then when they closed the hymn book, they sang the last verse in Spanish, a capella. It brought me back to singing the song with the Hermanas in my CCM district, and it was the most beautiful thing I had heard in a long time. The sister who was singing couldn't even finish singing the Spanish verse, because she was so emotional, and I know just how she felt. 

I could tell you many more stories of tender mercies from this week, but it is sufficient to say, that "I know that [God] loveth his children"! 

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures:
-Intercambios con la Hermana Martinez!

-We had to eat watermelon in the car... it was messy


No comments:

Post a Comment