Alma 37:35


So, Elko YSA is the BEST area in the whole mission. Just saying. 

I absolutely love working in my new area. I don't even miss Tahoe, which should tell you something! (Well, I do miss the cooler weather...) But I love all of the people we teach. So many YSA people are just honestly looking for the truth, which makes them perfect investigators. The majority of the members of our branch are returned missionaries, which means that member missionary work is on FIRE. It is also super easy to find members that want to come to lessons with us and give us rides. 

One girl that we are teaching, Jordan, just asked us "So, when am I going to get baptized?" which is the golden question! She wants to get baptized on August 11th, which is her birthday. She is so sweet. We don't have a ton of investigators, like I am used to having, but the ones that we do have are progressing towards baptism, which is a welcome change. And even though I don't teach in Spanish anymore, there are plenty of opportunities to use my language abilities! Some people we teach have parents who only Speak Spanish, so it is a good thing to know. 

Sister Hull, my new companion, is awesome. We are getting so much work done together. I am excited for this transfer, we are going to see so many miracles!

I am living with a member now, which is different, but I love it. We just call her grandma, because she is about 80 years old, but she is awesome! She just got back from a rafting trip a couple weeks ago, and she travels all the time! Haha, go grandma!

Pet peeve of going to a new area: The first question they always ask is "Where are you from?" (Which is fine) and then the very next question is ALWAYS "How long have you been out?" or "how much time do you have left?" (Please don't do this. Por favor. Going home is called "dying" for a reason. This question is like asking someone how long they have left to live.)

I am so thankful for the privilege that I have to participate in this work! I am thankful for all the experiences that I have had, and I am excited for all of the experiences that are coming!

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures:

-The drive to Elko

-My new home!

-My new companion!

-No caption needed




No comments:

Post a Comment