Mosiah 18:30


It's that time again... transfers. I'm going to serve in Elko YSA with Sister Hull! I'm going to be serving only in English (I've already served in all 3 of the Spanish areas for hermanas...) I'm a little disappointed to be serving in English, but I am really excited to serve in YSA! Transfers get easier every time, but it's still hard to leave behind so many people that I love. But hey, the whole reason we are here is to experience change... so I might as well get used to it!

This week I have learned a lot about following spiritual promptings. Last night we were driving, and we saw a young man walking on the side of the road with a basketball... so we drove past him, pulled over (where he couldn't see), got out of our car and just started walking towards him as if we were going to visit someone else. Apparently he had missed his bus, so he definitely wasn't in a good mood, but we talked to him for a minute. Turns out that he is from Romania, and he had spoken to missionaries in the past. We were able to give him a copy of the Book of Mormon that we hope he will read! We might never know why we needed to talk to him, but we both felt that we needed to. 

I am so thankful for the time that I have had to serve here in Tahoe. I continue to learn more every day, and I know that I will continue to see miracles every day in my mission!

Thought of the week: If something* isn't beautiful to you, it is only because you don't understand it well enough. (See video, haha)
*Humans included

-- Hermana Nielsen

New Address:
Hermana Kayci Nielsen
3356 Bell Ave
Elko, NV 89801

Pictures:
-We saw a bear! Finally. My Tahoe life is complete, I can leave now XD


-Our hike in Tahoe last Monday!


Video:
-Isn't it beautiful?! Our ceiling fan wobbles at a perfect resonance frequency with the wire that hangs down!




No comments:

Post a Comment