Alma 27:4


Last Monday our zone hit some golf balls into a lake for our zone activity. It was really fun. My arms were really sore the next day... I don't think I use my golfing muscles very often haha.

On Sunday my companion and I got to give talks! It was the first (and might be the only) time in my life when I actually asked our bishop for the chance to speak. We wanted to talk all about missionary work and get the ward excited! Our ward is already very missionary-minded, but I think that it was a great opportunity, and we loved it. I was the last speaker, which made me nervous, but I ended right on time!

My companion and I had a fun experience last night! All of our plans and back-ups had fallen through, and we had an hour left of the day, so we did the only thing that we could do, and we prayed. We each said individual prayers, and I just wasn't getting anything, so I finally just prayed for Hermana Eardley to receive the answer. Moments later, her head popped up, and she suggested that we go see two potentials that were nearby. They weren't home, but their room mate answered the door, and we were able to give him a Book of Mormon and talk for a bit. He said that his room mates were probably washing their clothes. That's when I got the idea to just go to the laundromat, because why not? So we went, and we actually found two of our investigators that we had just been looking for that weren't home either. We felt really stalkerish... but they didn't even ask us what we were doing there hahaha They were just waiting for their clothes... so we read Alma 32 with them, in the laundromat! It was cool that we both had to receive a piece of revelation to get us to that point and finally have a lesson with them. 

Thought of the week:
"Not all missionaries have name-tags, and not all angels have wings."

-- Hermana Nielsen

Pictures:
-This picture would be a lot cooler... if the golf ball wasn't still there XD

-More golfing!

-There is finally a Chick-fil-a in our mission!!!! And it happens to be just a few minutes from where we have district meetings every week... so guess where we went for breakfast!

-This was last Monday, where we had a lesson with one of our investigators!

-...And this is today. Just in case you got the impression that our weather was back to normal




No comments:

Post a Comment