2 Nephi 33:1


Transfers are upon us... and I guess the Lord won't let me keep all my awesome companions for more than one transfer :( Hermana Servin is getting transfered to an English area, and my new companion will be Hermana Eardley! (I hope I spelled that right...) She has spent her first 3 transfers in an English area, so this will be her first time speaking Spanish! This will be my first companion that I have never even been on exchanges with, so I'm excited to get to know her!

General Conference was amazing, as always! I received many answers to my questions, and some of them were quite direct! (Also... I want all my investigators to watch Elder Costa's talk, haha!) I especially liked President Uchtdorf's talk about how we shouldn't use fear to try and change behavior. The funny thing is that, just a few days earlier, we had had an awesome lesson with some of our investigators about the Plan of Salvation. We talked a lot about the judgement, and we asked them to imagine standing before God, basically in an attempt to scare them a bit (because let's just say that these particular investigators should have some fear of standing before God, haha) It was a great lesson, they loved it, and I think Hermana Servin and I both gained a greater testimony of the Plan of Salvation. Surprisingly, when the time came to set a baptismal date, they said that they still aren't ready. However, during General Conference I realized that we can't use fear, but we have to use Love. Specifically, we must use Charity, the pure love of Christ.

Other fun events this week:
-We got a call from a con artist... as missionaries, we give our phone number to so many people that we didn't suspect anything, until he started asking for money...
-Alex, our investigator from the UK, has already read two chapters of the Book of Mormon! (It's a struggle to get some people to read two verses...)
-We went to look for our investigator Fernando, but in stead we found his family outside, selling tacos. His dad was so nice, he gave us each two free tacos! And they were "tacos de cabeza" hahahaha but they were actually really good!

Have an awesome week!

-- Hermana Nielsen


-Mole... Mmmmm

-How you know you found a golden investigator! (We actually just found this on one of our investigators' trucks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment