2 Corinthians 7:9-10



This week I had the opportunity to do two exchanges! I got to serve in Tahoe with Hermana Roush, and I went to Fallon with Hermana Ortiz. I love doing exchanges, and we always see lots of miracles. 

I had an interesting experience this week. Our favorite investigators (we call them our "compadres") have been acting funny recently. We were finally able to sit down with all of them and have a lesson, and Jesus told us that he just needs space. He told us that he has finally realized that this gospel is something serious, but he just isn't ready to change. He literally told us that he loves sin. BUT he also says that he knows that what we have taught is true, and he is going to keep reading the Book of Mormon, and when he wants to change he will figure it out. His roommate Fernando (the first one we met) said that he only ever invited us over porque eramos "bonitas." Awkward. We were able to share our testimonies with them, and it actually turned out to be a pretty good lesson. We can still go and teach them every once in a while, but it definitely won't be the same. 


Well, at the beginning of the lesson I was definitely sad... but for some reason, I wasn't devastated, and by the end of the lesson, I actually felt good. I was just happy that Jesus has a testimony of these things, and even though he isn't ready to change right now, I was happy that he felt bad about it. And when Jesus said the closing prayer, it was one of the best I have ever heard. I was so confused: my favorite investigators had just told us that they weren't ready for baptism, and they weren't even ready to repent because they love sin... yet I left with a good feeling. There is only one possible explanation: it was the spirit. We read scriptures, we bore our sincere testimonies, and Jesus offered a heartfelt prayer. The spirit was there, and it was strong. It was a tender mercy for me, because the spirit was testifying to me that everything will be okay. Even though they might not get baptized while I am here in Tahoe, they are different than when we first met them. They are more converted (even Fernando), and I'm sure that one day the Holy Ghost will bring to their remembrance all the things they have learned, and more importantly, the things that they have felt. I have hope that some day, all of them will come to their senses! 






No comments:

Post a Comment